2011/02/26

New Year, New Music


ED Harcourt- Lustre
I am surprised that I didn't even know or hear about him before. Until my friend JJ introduced me to his music and took me to his small concert, I just know what I have missed. "Lustre" is Ed Hercourt's fifth album: a romantic and glittering set of pop songs. I also get the chance to listen to his previous albums recently and found his ability to write about the sadder, darker aspects of our thoughts and emotions without having it take over. Harcourt himself says: "If my last album was weighed down, this one (Lustre) is a buoy. It floats". I mostly agree with Harcourt's "weighed down - buoy" comparison since "Lustre" is a very different.....Love his new album and definitely worth to listen.

Best Coast- Crazy for you
Honestly, I do buy albums due to their cover design, like some other women who buy the perfume because of the bottle shape and color. Best Coast's debute album is not as good as I thought; but as a female rock band, I would like to give them some credit....Also, you know how much I like cat. The cover is appealing to me!

Clogs- The Creatures In The Garden of Lady Walton
This is innovative and interesting album. I really love it but I am too tired now. So please forgive me not to write any more comments. But just for the record, this is one of my favorite albums in 2010.

No comments: