2009/01/10

Colin Murray Vs. Zane Lowe

VS
BBC radio1 is my best friend when I studied in London. Since there were only few students who have the TV in the dorm, let alone the poor internet access. I used to turn on the radio as soon as I was back to my room. Sometimes I listened to Capital FM, however, it seems like the PR channel for those mainstream music. Finally, I gave up Capital FM to BBC.

I still keep the habit when I went back to Taiwan. Now I found 2 DJs who have very brilliant shows. The music Colin plays is very similar to my taste, yet he could be very annoyed. I found many independent singers and bands from his show, such as Bon Iver and Siouxsie. His Black Hole and Midweek Mobile Disco sessions are my favorite.

Zane's show offers a wide range of new music, from Rock, dance to Hip-pop. Somehow I quite like his sense of humor. His 1-week Masterpiece show before X'MAS was amazing, which covered the Stone Roses, Blur and the prodigy in depth. They are all my favorite bands. Right now I am going to explore other radio stations in France or America

www.bbc.co.uk

No comments: